Tuesday, April 28, 2009

So the NHL playoffs are in full swing and for some reason I’ve gotten very into them as of late. So I picked up NHL 08 for my 360 I would have gotten 09 but sixty bucks is way too much to pay for a spur of the minute buy. When I started to figure out how to play the game and by the way the controls are really intuitive, shooting with the right analog stick really blows the hell out of hitting a button to shoot. It seems to make it feel more real winding up and shooting like that but that’s not really what this post is about.

The real reason I decided to post about this was the fact that I didn’t recognize any of the fuckin players on the Wild my home states team. So I made my own characters the first of which was Ernest Hemingway, now Hemingway fought in World War 1 so I figured he would be used to people shooting at him and he seemed to be a tough guy so I figured he could take a hit from an Incoming player of the other team. Alright I made him 6’2 some were around 250 ibs I should really should have check out the stats of the other players cause he’s really jacked up…He maybe the definition of brick wall in hockey cause I don’t think anyone got a shot past him, now the number on his jersey is the year that he tried to commit suicide: I’m a sick bastard I know but I thought it would be funny and hopefully he would have too. Now that I had my favorite author all ready to defend my goal: it was time to pick another random person to play for my team of Historical giants the next one was an obvious choice really.

So my author is killing it between the pipes: that commercial where Abe Lincoln kicks the shit out of a whole group of people. Yeah so I made him my Right wing, basically I made him fast because of that tall tale about him out running his buckshot and shooting himself in the ass. I also made him very tough even though I don’t think a guy with his body type would be a 99. I realized how sick I was when I gave him the number 50 because that was when his first child died: heh who says hockey is boring.

I’m considering making a whole team of historical figures but for now I’m just enjoying the game…I’m unbeaten at 4 wins under my belt and this guy Gaborik is unstoppable when he goes one on one with an opposing defensive play and is pretty much scoring all my goals for now. Hopefully I wont be tired of this game before I finish the season maybe to keep it fresh I'll turn up the difficulty...cause that always works right. On a side note on my pile of shame I’ve beat the first and second Metal Gear Solid games and am currently working on the third. Now that I’m past the nasty control of Metal Gear Solid: the story is finnaly brought to light and there is a lot more joy when I’m playing the games. I’ll write about those three games here shortly when I finish the third one. Also I tried to grow my self a “METAL GEAR BEARD” but it turns out my facial hair is very course and impossible to control so I am going to shave this shit tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment